none
Open SFTP connection error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to send files towards sftp with SFTP adapter in BizTalk 2013 R2, Getting the below error.

Open SFTP connection error.
    Details:"Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.SftpInvoker.SftpException: Open SFTP connection error.

Server stack trace: 
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.SftpInvoker.SftpInvoker.Open()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Sftp.SftpConnection.OpenUnderlyingConnection(SftpConnectionProperties connectionProperties)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.CommonHelpers.Connection`3.ConnectionPool`3.GetConnection(T1 connectionProperties, TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.CommonHelpers.Connection`3.GetConnection(T connectionProperties, TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Sftp.SftpOutputChannel.Send(Message message, TimeSpan timeOut)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndSend(IAsyncResult result)

Exception rethrown at [1]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.IOutputChannel.EndSend(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.SendCallback(IAsyncResult result)".

Have installed CU1 CU3 and CU6 as well in BizTalk 2013R2. Kindly suggest.

We are already using SFTP for other applications without any issues. When i am trying to connect this new host i am getting this error.

I tried to connect with same details via FileZilla, There i don't see any issue.

THanks in advance

panadi

• Edited by panadi Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:19 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:17 PM

All replies

• This is know issue with BizTalk 2013 R2 . Microsoft already released the fix for this  issue. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3034488/fix-open-sftp-connection-error-when-you-use-the-sftp-adapter-in-biztal

Thanks,

Chandra Kumar 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:00 PM
  • Hi Panadi,

Two points i would suggest to follow,

1) Since this was fixed in CU1, i would recommend you to go back to CU1 ( since the same error reported back in CU5)

2) Try with simple WinScp client (internally SFTP Adapter uses WinScp library) to connect to the SFTP folder and see if you are able to connect also refer the below Microsoft Tech Net forum (Refer Link#1) suggested settings on SFTP server side which will helpful if you need to connect with SSH.

Link#1 https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/33638.biztalk-server-2013-r2-sftp-adapter-tricks-and-pitfalls.aspx

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Friday, August 31, 2018 9:31 AM
  • Similar issue was raised here Initialize error for SFTP adapter in BizTalk 2013 R2 back in 2014.  Unfortunately, also no solution.
    Monday, October 1, 2018 12:55 AM
  • Panadi, can you get them to do some logging at the SFTP server side?  That might give some clues as to where the issue is.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 10:36 PM