equivalent API for IPHostEntry in Metro app development. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to do a DNS query. I used to use IPHostEntry class to get the DNS related details in desktop programming.

I want an equivalent method to perform DNS related operations.

thanks in Advance.

Venkat.

Windows Desktop, Windows Phone developer.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:06 AM

All replies

• Search the forums first:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/568935a2-5474-43bf-b9d4-1d9c3ba78365

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:58 PM
  • Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. i searched the forum before posted my question.

The link which u provided helps in getting the IP address of a local machine and remote machine, but not the DNS address of a local machine.

I need an API to get the DNS address of a local machine. I tried a lot in msdn, but didn't get any clue.

thanks for the help

venkat.

Windows Desktop, Windows Phone developer.

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:54 AM
  • You will probably need to set up a webservice to handle this for you.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, April 5, 2013 1:58 PM