Multiple Workflows hosted in IIS / WCF using WorkflowService causes SqlWorkflowInstanceStore polling for each Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Not really sure how to ask this, but I will describe what I have and what I want.

1) I will have 10+ WCF wrapped Workflows created as Workflow Service xamlx files.  These are all in the same project.

2) I have configured the services to use the SqlWorkflowInstanceStore in the Web.Config

3) Everything seems to be running and i can execute the workflows.

ISSUE:

Each WorkflowService polls the database for runnable instances. These means I have 10 "Workflow Runtimes (WorkflowService)" polling the database for runnable instances and/or locks.

On top of this, I will be hosting these in a Web Farm of ~ 5 servers.  This means there will be 50 WorkflowService instances polling my database.

QUESTION

Is there a way to configure the SqlWorkflowInstanceStore to only run once under each App Domain/Application?
    It seems the SqlWorkflowInstanceStore only instantiates runnable instances of the given workflow thats polling.  I want a "global" SqlWorkflowInstanceStore that polls for all runnabled instances regardless of the workflow that created it.

NOTE:  I am aware of Appfabric, but we are not ready to deploy it. I wanted to get this working first. 

Monday, September 27, 2010 9:15 PM

Answers

• No this is currently not possible.
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Monday, October 4, 2010 7:58 AM
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:48 AM