none
SAP number of licence issue due to Biztalk MySAP adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Today i have been informed by SAP team that SAP is charging for licence as employee related voucher is parked in SAP in large numbers.

We have employee portal where employee fills voucher and BizTalk picks document from SQL and do de-batching and send individual xml to SAP using SAP adapter. 

Please advise is this number of connection issue ..

Pls advise how to resolve this..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:23 PM

All replies

• So is the issue that the BizTalk adapter is using more connections than your SAP license allows?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Yes we have around licence for 3500 users And SAP team says connections are getting exceeded . But i can't understand we specify only one account in Adapter properties. So how the number of connections be an issue.

Please advise..how can i resolve this..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:11 AM
  • Hi Ben, Please advise on this licencing issue. As i am not aware of this connections getting created. By tomorrow i have to advise my IT team regarding this.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Dear All,

We have requirement to build application in BizTalk Server 2006 to invoke SAP RFC with request-response port and with minimum number of hits to SAP.

basically we have employee vouchers xml's fetched from SQL table using SQ adapter and want to pass it to SAP RFC . But if every individual xml is passed to SAP using SAP adapter then there will be that many number of connections to SAP. For which SAP license constraint will be there.

Please advise any solution how i can post employee vouchers in SAP with minimum number of hits.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Monday, August 20, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Have you tried Concurrent Connections proprty? I think you can limit the number of connections opened by adapter using this property.

Thanks,

Pavan

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

But suppose if i had to send 10 individual voucher xml's to SAP then 10 connections will be opened by BizTalk SAp adapter to post the data 

So if i reduce concurrent connections count will it going to help me.

please advise..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Hi All,

I have developed solution where i receive xml's from SQL using stored procedure using SQl adapter at receive port.

Then i do envelop debatching at receive port to separate individual users xml and then i send to SAP port(Request-Response Port) using SAP adapter 2.0 MySAP Business suite.

For which i receive response from SAP for each xml send to SAP and i stores that data to SQL table.

Please advise if i send multiple xml's to SAP using above logic will there only connection be opened to SAP or multiple connections be opened.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:02 PM
  • Check in the send port SAP adapter properties to see if there is a "Max Connections..." property that can be specified.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Do you know if there is any way to throttle the number of connections within SAP?

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Hi All,

There is no property for SAP adpater for Max Connections but there is property called as Concurrent Connections.

Please advise according to post "

I have developed solution where i receive xml's from SQL using stored procedure using SQl adapter at receive port.

Then i do envelop debatching at receive port to separate individual users xml and then i send to SAP port(Request-Response Port) using SAP adapter 2.0 MySAP Business suite.

For which i receive response from SAP for each xml send to SAP and i stores that data to SQL table.

Please advise if i send multiple xml's to SAP using above logic will there only connection be opened to SAP or multiple connections be opened."

Will there be multiple connections be opened or only one connection is opened and all xml's are transmitted to SAP.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Did you try setting the "Concurrent Connections" property?

There appears to be a hotfix for the 2.0 version of the addapter that may apply.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912015

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:55 PM