infopath 2010 saving attachment from attachment control to sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I am wanting to save an attachment from my browser form to sharepoint list or library it doesnt matter I just need it on sharepoint so I can atleast make a link to it.

is this possible, I know people have been able to do it in previous versions I was wondering if there is any better way to target this now?

Monday, June 6, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• Then you can't use a browser form unless you plan to write code to extract the attachment to a doc lib.

What do you mean by "users have decoded XML in previous version"?  There is no solution for it out of the box unless you use list forms.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Rickk1976 Monday, June 6, 2011 10:29 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• I don't fully understand the question.  InfoPath 2010 has a file attachment control just like it always has, and it works in a library form or list form; however, in a library form, the attachment is a base64 element within the form's XML, so the attachment is not IN the SharePoint form library - it's only inside the InfoPath XML.  In a list, the attachment is added to the list like normal.

So, what is your actual problem and and actual need?  Did you try this first, and it didn't work or something?

Monday, June 6, 2011 6:04 AM
  • I am submitting the a browser form to the form library and yes I am using the file attachment control I have the base64 element problem.

I dont want to have to preview the form to open the attachments, I want a column which a simply click to open the attached file.

I have read that users have decoded xml in previous version, just wanted to know if I would have to follow the same path to get the result or is there a a solution without using code?

Thanks

Monday, June 6, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Then you can't use a browser form unless you plan to write code to extract the attachment to a doc lib.

What do you mean by "users have decoded XML in previous version"?  There is no solution for it out of the box unless you use list forms.

• Marked as answer by Rickk1976 Monday, June 6, 2011 10:29 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 2:20 PM
  • hi clayton, is there a way to extract the files attached in these controls in non browser form, and use them somewhere else. ?
    I just want to learn more
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:39 AM
  • hi clayton, is there a way to extract the files attached in these controls in non browser form, and use them somewhere else. ?
    I just want to learn more

With code, yes.  Qdabra has the qRules package, which can do this for you if you don't mind introducing code to the form (it does 50 other things, too), or you can write your own code (probably out there on the Internet if you search).
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:41 AM