none
Calculated column field - linited columns available for choice. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a calculated column that combines the filename and the ID field (renamed to AP Bill #) to create a new filename. However these two fields are not available for choosing. Can someone tell me how I can make them available?

Sherazad

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Sherazad,

From your description, you want to use a column to combine the filename and the ID field.

In SharePoint, Name and ID fields are not available in Calculated column, it is by default.

As a workaround, you can create a Single line of text column called "AP Bill #", then use a workflow with SharePoint Designer 2013 to set the value to it.

You can set the workflow like:

And set the workflow Start Options like:

Thanks,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Sherazad,

From your description, you want to use a column to combine the filename and the ID field.

In SharePoint, Name and ID fields are not available in Calculated column, it is by default.

As a workaround, you can create a Single line of text column called "AP Bill #", then use a workflow with SharePoint Designer 2013 to set the value to it.

You can set the workflow like:

And set the workflow Start Options like:

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any update for this issue?

Thanks,

Wendy

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:50 AM