How do I find the image that's too large to edit it? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that App Studio is going away in a few days. My 2 apps were both written for Windows 8.1. About 2 months ago I migrated them to Windows 10 projects in App Studio. Now I'm trying to get them published so that I can download the project source code. But I'm getting stumped with things like this:

So, I get that there's "an image" that's too large. Perhaps more than 1. But how about a hint as to which one(s) are too large? And how about actually being able to get to them so I can edit them, to make them smaller?? I don't know how to get to any of the files that I uploaded over a year ago when I made these projects Windows 8.1 projects. I've tried for over an hour to find a way, any way at all, to actually see what files are in this project so I can edit it with some image editing software to reduce the resolution, make the number of pixels less, do whatever it takes, but after an hour I just don't actually see how I can get to any of the files in App Studio.

Please help.

Rod

Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

Since I'm not able to reproduce your error, you might send an email to Windows App Studio Team windowsappstudio@microsoft.com to ask about this error.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

You could directly generate source code and open it up in Visual Studio to edit or add a new image to your project.

To generate package for Store submission, you could follow Package UWP apps and publish it.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Hi Rod,

You could directly generate source code and open it up in Visual Studio to edit or add a new image to your project.

To generate package for Store submission, you could follow Package UWP apps and publish it.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your response. How do I directly generate the source code from App Studio? It won't let me unless I generate the app. But that's the problem, I'm caught in a catch-22 situation. It won't generate the app, because of a graphic being too large. But App Studio hides that from the user, so I can't change it. I can't download the source code to work on it in Visual Studio because it won't let me until I generate the app. Around and around I go, but ultimately getting no where with it. I just want to get the source code out of App Studio, but running into the wall as I've described.

Rod

Friday, September 15, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Hi Rod,

After you click finish and generate button, you don't need to turn on the package generation switch. Just click "Generate" directly, and then only the source code of your project will be created:

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:22 AM
  • I seem to not be able to do anything but click on the Last Generation number. That takes me to a page that doesn't allow me to do anything at all with it, except tell me I need Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition. 

Please see below:

Rod

• Edited by Doctor-Who Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:40 PM Upload pic
    Friday, September 15, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Hi Rod,

Since I'm not able to reproduce your error, you might send an email to Windows App Studio Team windowsappstudio@microsoft.com to ask about this error.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:08 AM
  • OK, thanks what I'll do. Thank you Matthew for helping me with this.

Rod

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:48 AM