none
Office365 AddIn :How to authenticate the office user in the application opened by custom office plugin RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an office 365 Addin where I am loading a webpage of my asp.net application in the task panel on right hand side.I want to validate in my web page that this page is opened by the office addin only and which office 365 user is trying to access this web page. Can someone please advise what is the best way to do this.We will be distributing this application to our customers so I am think of some easy solution.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Simrat singh,

If you want to enable single sign-on for the Office add-in, you can refer the link below:
    Enable single sign-on for Office Add-ins (preview)

And to make sure that the web page only opened by the Office add-in, you may pass some addition URL parameter to distinguish whether the web page was opened by the add-in.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:15 AM