sp_showpendingchanges doesn't return any rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've got a merge publication - with 3 subscribers (HTTPS)

One is failing with an error

The merge process could not allocate memory for an operation; your system may be running low on virtual memory. Restart the Merge Agent.”

I've tried tweaking the upload/download generations per batch etc, but to no avail. It uploads changes ok, but returns this error when trying to download.

Strangely when I run sp_showpendingchanges at the publisher, it doesn't return any rows whatsoever.

I wonder if this is related - there are definitely changes to be sent to the failing subscriber...

Bruce

Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Bruce Baker,

Since you have mentioned HTTPS, did you mean you are using Web Synchronization?

If you are using Web Synchronization, since the error message has said this issue relate to Memory, I would like to recommend that you create a new Application Pool in IIS and move the virtual directory for publication to the new Application Pool and then try again.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    • Marked as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:32 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:58 AM

All replies

• This may be related to another previous post...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreplication/thread/8465de6a-88fa-4397-88b2-5366dcdeb595/

Thanks

Neil Moorthy Senior SQL Server DBA/Developer
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:31 AM
  • Hi Bruce Baker,

Since you have mentioned HTTPS, did you mean you are using Web Synchronization?

If you are using Web Synchronization, since the error message has said this issue relate to Memory, I would like to recommend that you create a new Application Pool in IIS and move the virtual directory for publication to the new Application Pool and then try again.

If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    • Marked as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:32 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:58 AM