none
Import CAD Drawings programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Visio Guys,

i want to programmatically automize the process of importing a bunch of CAD files into Visio Drwaings (insert new Visio drawing page, open the Import Dialog, etc.)

Now, i can open the Insert CAD File Dialog with

Application.DoCmd(

CShort(Visio.VisUICmds.visCmdInsertAutoCADAddOn))

but when the CAd Drawing was inserted and the Dialog "Properties of CAD-Drawing" is opened, i wonder if ist possible in any way to manipulate this Dialog, e.g. check/uncheck Checkboxes, set scaling Options and hit the OK button, etc.

If this can be achieved in any possible way next step would be to automate the process of right click the inserted shape and start the "Convert" Action on the CAD shape.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tried record the macro for import CAD Drawing and find nothing helpful code.

Then I tried use SendKeys "{Enter}", it failed too.

The code will excute when the Dialog "Properties of CAD-Drawing" closed, so I can't find a workable way to manipulate this dialog.

BTW, since the control turn to user after execuring Application.DoCmd(CShort(Visio.VisUICmds.visCmdInsertAutoCADAddOn)) , I dont think the code can maniupate the UI again unless when the user return control to the code.

Hope it is helpfull.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:50 PM

All replies