none
Cannot set 'WCF HTTP Activation' for .NET Framework 3.5.1 in Win Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application that requires 'WCF HTTP Activation' to be enabled for .NET Framework 3.5.1 and I received an error message saying that  'WCF HTTP Activation' for .NET Framework 3.5.1 was not enabled.  The Server version was Windows Server 2012 Standard (Simplified Chinese)

When I try to look into the features, I cannot find the WCF HTTP Activation under .NET 3.5 (as shown in the image below).  Is there any way I can add it or enable it?  Thanks!

Sorry that the server is in Chinese language but, luckily, the key words like .NET, WCF, etc. are still in English.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:43 AM

Answers

• We found that the software we installed does not recognize the WCF feature that was turned on in .NET 4.5.  Once we changed to locale from Simplified Chinese to English (United States), the problem was gone.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In the Windows Server 2012, it has just the above two items in the .Net Framework3.5.

For hosting the WCF Service in the Windows Server 2012 in the IIS, please try to check the following:
    Server Roles
    1.First please make sure you have enabled IIS function and .net 3.5 in Features.
       For the IIS features, please remember to enable ASP.NET3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5

2.Second, please check the IIS Hostable WebCore

3.Finally, I think the most important is this:
       Check Application Sever->Web Server (IIS) Support

Also please check the HTTP Activation in Windows Process Activation Service Support.

For the freatures,

1.Check all items in .NET 3.5

2.Check WCF Service in .NET 4.5

Last but not least, we should also register the WCF Service from
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\ServiceModelReg.exe –i

Then please run the above in command line.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:00 AM
  • We found that the software we installed does not recognize the WCF feature that was turned on in .NET 4.5.  Once we changed to locale from Simplified Chinese to English (United States), the problem was gone.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:55 AM