none
Item changes icon when saving in Public Folder after generating it with VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have this situation and  I desperately need your help:

1. built an Outlook Custom form of type IPM.Task (which is called ReklamationFormular_NEW).
    2. built a VBA User Form which reads data from an external database and generates a new Task item of the type I have described above.
    3. VBA User Form spits out data in multiple Custom made fields of the Outlook Custom Form.
    4. VBA User Form starts the new custom Task Form in a defined Public Folder.

I do not know why, but the newly generated items of type IPM.Task are previewed in Outlook with the message icon, and not the task icon. I can not explain why. The Forms are clearly defined as Tasks.

Here is how I generate the new Item (Outlook Custom Form that belongs to class Task):

Set objOutlookNS = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
            Set objOutlookFolder = objOutlookNS.GetDefaultFolder(18)
            Set objOutlookWorkingFolder = objOutlookFolder.Folders("RepairCenter").Folders("Reklamationen_")
            Set objOutlookClaims = objOutlookWorkingFolder.Items
            Set objOutlookClaim = objOutlookClaims.Add("IPM.Task.ReklamationFormular_NEW")

As you can see, it is clearly designated as IPM.Task....

Question: Can you tell me why the icons show up like messages? How can I turn these to icons of Tasks?

When I try to move an item from the Public Folder it resides in, to another Public Folder, then the item does not move. Instead there is a new Post created in the new Folder which only takes the Subject of the item.

It happens similarly when trying to copy a task item (either by Drag  and Drop or  by Right hand mouse click menu). There is a new Post that appears in the new Folder, and no item is being copied. I do not want this. I want to move or copy the item.

The new post looks like this:

I tried this, but I get an error message:

I have got "Owner" rights on the working folder. What am I missing?

What setting has to be done that one can drag and drop (move) an item entirely from a Public Folder to another?

Thank you so much.

• Edited by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 10:46 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hello cgeorgec,

>>but the newly generated items of type IPM.Task are previewed in Outlook with themessage icon.

I would suggest you refer to below document to change the form icon.

Change the Icons Associated with your Form

>>It happens similarly when trying to copy a task item (either by Drag  and Drop or  by Right hand mouse click menu)

We suggest you ask one issue for one thread. This forum is for issue related to Outlook Object Model. Did you ever move the form via any code. If you could reproduce this issue by moving manually, I would suggest you post a thread on  Outlook IT Pro Discussions. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 10:07 AM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hello cgeorgec,

>>but the newly generated items of type IPM.Task are previewed in Outlook with themessage icon.

I would suggest you refer to below document to change the form icon.

Change the Icons Associated with your Form

>>It happens similarly when trying to copy a task item (either by Drag  and Drop or  by Right hand mouse click menu)

We suggest you ask one issue for one thread. This forum is for issue related to Outlook Object Model. Did you ever move the form via any code. If you could reproduce this issue by moving manually, I would suggest you post a thread on  Outlook IT Pro Discussions. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 10:07 AM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:44 AM
  • Thank you, Terry. Your response has guided me exactly where to look for to resolve the matter I had reported.

I further describe the solution in case some other guy runs into the same thing:

• the Outlook items were changing the icons due to the fact they had become "one-off" items by VBScript manipulations on their custom-made fields. In this case, the message class of the item changes to the default message class for that particular type of item, and the icon reverts back to the default icon for that type of item. Solution was to reset the  message class property of the item to the exact "IPM.Task.ReklamationFormular_NEW" after the execution of VBScript/VBA Code which concerned user defined fields ( **UserProperties.** stuffs)

More about Item Types and Message Classes here >> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/outlook-vba/articles/item-types-and-message-classes

More about saving One-Off Forms >> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/outlook-vba/articles/save-a-form-with-the-item-one-off-forms

• Edited by cgeorgec Monday, February 26, 2018 10:06 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 10:05 AM