none
Customized Ribbon Buttons in Office 2013 - The Supertip is now an action RRS feed

• Question

• In Office 2013, when using our own customized ribbon buttons with Supertip or Screentip; there is a "Tell me more" box visible, similar to the built-in MSO buttons. The "tell me more" is a hyperlink that brings up Excel Help to the addins page. Is there a way to control the text and destination of this hyperlink? I did not see anything in the Reference. I would like to be able to not display the hyperlink or to customize the location and text of the help.

Note for Office 2010, the text for this Tell me more box appears but there is no hyperlink. Also, for the MSO built in ribbon buttons on Office 2013, the text of the hyperlink (not the screentip or supertip which I can use the get call) varies depending on which ribbon entry is hovered over.

Anybody can help with this?

Thanks.

• Edited by LKnYC Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:24 PM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi LKnYc,

Thanks for your feedback about this feature. I suggest that you submit it from link below:
    Office submit feedback

So that the product group can read it and it may update as you will in the next version.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by LKnYC Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi LknYc,

Based on the description, you want to remove or customize the "Tell Me More" feture.

As far as I know, it is impossible.

And here is a good thread that Cindy explian more detail about this:

Ribbon Customisation -how do I change/remove the 'Tell me more' link to Word Help?

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:41 AM
  • it is impossible.
    Monday, October 27, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hello Fei, Thanks for your response...

Cindy's post that this is Microsoft behavior by choice is reasonable, of course, but, the concern is why has the behavior changed with Office 2013?

Now that the link can be clicked upon, it takes the user to a place that is pretty useless...

Thanks,

LKnYc

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:58 PM
  • Hi LKnYc,

Thanks for your feedback about this feature. I suggest that you submit it from link below:
    Office submit feedback

So that the product group can read it and it may update as you will in the next version.

Best regards

Fei

• Marked as answer by LKnYC Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:23 AM