none
Read barcode from a handhel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all and good evening, I'm sorry by the question and I appreciate your time to answer, so here is my doubt, I have a Handheld with a barcode scanner include, the SO is Windows Mobile 6.5 and I want pass the data that read the scaner of my handheld to my pc through cable usb, it is possible to do? 

Regards

Jason.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Josué Herrera,

I made a software that could create barcode from input data.  It can create EAN13 or EAN128 barcode, but what I have is a barcode reader via USB connecting to PC, and I know scanned data is transferred into window of Notepad etc.
    But I don't have software which can scan EAN** barcode in my smart phones.

Sorry, I cannot give you an answer that can satisfy you.

This is a screenshot: barcode=EAN128, input data=MySample

barcode=QR code, input data=hokusosha.com

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Marked as answer by Josué Herrera Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Josué Herrera,

In advance, sorry this is my guess, since I don't have a device running Windows Mobile.

But I have one question. How is it which is scanned by your handheld? What do you see an image or characters after scanning? If scanning target is 2D-barcode like QR code, it will turn to some characters after scanning. Usually, it is URL, mail address. And after scanning, some app will be executed automatically according to scanned characters: URL >> browser, mail address >> messaging software.

If you want to transfer an image of barcode itself instead of characters, you should take a photo of the barcode and copy it to your PC. 
    Do you want to transfer scanned data to PC, avoiding some app to be executed?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:12 AM
  • Hey, Thank you for your answer Mr.,

"Do you want to transfer scanned data to PC, avoiding some app to be executed?"

Exactly, I want to do the next, from my handheld to my pc, ok an example: Have you seen a simple barcode scanner?, like the ones you find in a supermarket?, yes this works just with a usb cable through the pc and take the barcode, and if you have open a notepad in windows automaticaly put  the number taken from the scaner.

I have a handheld dolphin Honeywell 7800 with windows mobile 6.5 and include a simple scaner barcode using an app called scanwedge, my device have a usb cable and I want to get the barcode trough the usb cable to my computer like a normal barcode scaner, is just to use my device.

The barcode in a simple barcode, like a EAN13 or EAN18, like that.

PD:

If exists a posibility to program a .cab to do this, I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:39 AM
  • Hi Josué Herrera,

I made a software that could create barcode from input data.  It can create EAN13 or EAN128 barcode, but what I have is a barcode reader via USB connecting to PC, and I know scanned data is transferred into window of Notepad etc.
    But I don't have software which can scan EAN** barcode in my smart phones.

Sorry, I cannot give you an answer that can satisfy you.

This is a screenshot: barcode=EAN128, input data=MySample

barcode=QR code, input data=hokusosha.com

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Marked as answer by Josué Herrera Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 5:46 AM