Blackberry Pdf issue… Unsupported Media Type Application/Pdf RRS feed

• Question

• User-267673232 posted

This is the most annoying thing i have faced in webforms development. I have a webform which allows to download pdf file When i try to download the pdf file in blackberry browser it save the file and when i try to open it then it leads to an issue "Unsupported media type application/pdf".

Next thing I emailed the pdf file to my gmail account and its successfully converted the pdf file to a text file and opened the file. When i try to open the same pdf file in my sample application it says "Unsupported media type application/pdf".

Next thing i googled it and found that blackberry doesn't have the reader to read the pdf files. But when i view the same pdf file in Blackberry Outlook Email client it successfully opened the pdf file.

Pdf Downloading functionality is working in all the browsers on the Machine but its not working on the blackberry device.. Why Pdf files are converted to text files ? automatically...

Please help me to resolve this issue...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

• User1943143334 posted

Hi,

Currently, BlackBerry doesn't have builtin support for PDF files! You need to download an application to view PDF files from BlackBerry App Store!

Hope it helps u...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:26 AM
  • User-267673232 posted

Thanks for your reply... roopesh

But roopeshreddy.... tell me 1 thing I send the pdf file to my gmail account and Opened Gmail using Blackberry Browser and what i saw after downloading the file it is converted to text file but i emailed the pdf file so my question.... is it handled by Gmail to convert the pdf to text or blackberry device did that ???

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:45 AM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

Check this BlackBerry forum thread for information on your query!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/Uable-to-open-PDF-document-in-proper-format-on-blackberry/m-p/216968

Hope it helps u...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:01 AM