none
CAN'T RESIZE PIE CHART AND LABEL IN PROTECTED WORKSHEET RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a worksheet with macro that sets a certain words to bold. I protect the worksheet to avoid other user to add or delete rows and column to avoid the pop up of "unable to get find property of worksheetfunction classs". This worksheet has a pie chart, if the sheet is protected i can no longer resize and move the pie chart and its labels. Is there a way that i can resize and move the label of the chart even my worksheet is protected. In protecting the worksheet, I check the "allow user to edit object", "edit scenarios" but the chart can't be resized and can't move the labels.

Many thanks,

Zxnjo

• Edited by Zxnjo Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:27 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Zxnjo,

Based on my test with outlook 2013, I can resize whole chart and move it (Chart area), but can’t resize plot area or move its labels though UI after protect worksheet with edit object and scenarios be allowed.

I tried it through VBA code, it throws error. So, in my opinion, we can’t change that.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Hi Zxnjo,

Since we can’t achieve that through code or UI, you may ask user to create a new sheet to do other things.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, January 18, 2016 5:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Zxnjo,

Based on my test with outlook 2013, I can resize whole chart and move it (Chart area), but can’t resize plot area or move its labels though UI after protect worksheet with edit object and scenarios be allowed.

I tried it through VBA code, it throws error. So, in my opinion, we can’t change that.

Regards

Starain

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Hi Starain,

Thank you very much for your effort and opinion. I am trying to establish a form which can be used by everyone in our office. If I will protect the sheet, the labels will overlapped in the pie chart if someone will use it with different data. If I will not protect the sheet, they might add or delete column and rows which may ruin my VBA code in making bold font to selected words in the sentences.

Kind regards,

Zxnjo

Monday, January 18, 2016 3:39 AM
  • Hi Zxnjo,

Since we can’t achieve that through code or UI, you may ask user to create a new sheet to do other things.

Regards

Starain

Monday, January 18, 2016 5:40 AM