Windows Runtime component returns null string

Question

• Hello,

This question should be very simple but I couldn't find any clue.

I have a class A within a Windows Runtime component (using C#), which has a property b returning a string.

When I used A.b in JavaScript, always got "Invalid point" and "Value cannot be null" in the case when b is null.

It's like this:

// C#

sealed public class A

{

public string b { get { return null; }}

}

// JavaScript

var objA = ....; // initialize A

function test()

{

var value_b = objA.b;   // throws nullpointer exception

}

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:05 AM

Answers

• An ArgumentNullException exception is thrown when a method is invoked and at least one of the passed arguments is null but should never be null.

And I don't think WinRT component accept null value even string is capable with null. But you could use String.Empty instead.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:27 AM

All replies

• An ArgumentNullException exception is thrown when a method is invoked and at least one of the passed arguments is null but should never be null.

And I don't think WinRT component accept null value even string is capable with null. But you could use String.Empty instead.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:27 AM
  • Thanks.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:35 AM