none
Storage location West Europe not selectable

Question

• I´m trying to create a new storage. Unfortunely we pnly can select between US regions and Japan, but not any Europe Region. Why is that? Ist there any Workaround to create storage beside the Quick Approach?

Comparing with an existing Azure Environment we notice that there is a possibiluty to select West Europe.

Ist thatt a bug?

Thx for any advise

Claus

Monday, November 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• What is your account type ? MSDN, trial ?

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

Monday, November 23, 2015 1:12 PM
  • Hi Samir,no it is a fresh Setup of a payed Service. We use SQLDatabase, WebAPP, Redis Cache It is interesting that all Services has been Setup to Western Europe except the storage...

In the selection of Country you can choose: US-West, East and Central also Japan and SouthEastAsia

Monday, November 23, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Hello,

You try to do this when you create a VM or you just create a standelone storage?

Florent

Monday, November 23, 2015 2:52 PM
  • This is a new strange behaviour encountered by several customers on the few last weeks.

It seems like Microsoft changed the default policy.

In the past, users find all the regions available for deployment. The new behaviour is that Microsoft added a deployment constraint, for reasons i ignore (but still, i will investigate).

The only provided solution today is to open a support ticket (Billing support) and ask to make all the regions available for your subscription.

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

Monday, November 23, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Thx Samir, I will contact Microsoft Support. Strange Thing. There is a Price calculator which allows you to select Europe but during the Setup ist not possible ;-(

Thx Claus

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:06 AM
  • Just to mention the the West Europe region is encountering service issues at this time. I know that it's a Network issue, but Storage can be affected too.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:10 AM