How do i find ftp connection details for the azure storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am new to Azure

I have created a storage account and file share but cannot see anywhere in my properties the ftp connection details to enable me to connect with visual studio.net and other desktop ftp clients

Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Azure Storage account does not provide direct access via FTP. It's either HTTP/HTTPS (blob) or SMB (file)

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:56 PM
  • Hi. I am new to Azure

I have created a storage account and file share but cannot see anywhere in my properties the ftp connection details to enable me to connect with visual studio.net and other desktop ftp clients

For the HTTP URL, you can find it in properties:

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Friday, December 27, 2019 5:26 AM
  • Open up your favourite FTP client (like FileZilla), and open up an FTP connection to ftp.cloudapp.net. Don't forget to use your Windows Azure storage account name as the username and the storage account key as the password.

Friday, December 27, 2019 5:29 AM
  • You may also refer to the suggestion mentioned link:https://blog.maartenballiauw.be/post/2010/03/15/using-ftp-to-access-windows-azure-blob-storage.html

Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, December 27, 2019 1:26 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:37 AM