Problem with Excel 2013 TaskPane RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I got problem with TaskPane on Excel 2013. With Excel 2007 and 2010 my program works perfectly.

I'm opening a workbook and making custom ribbon, but my workbook is hided and the problem comes that first time i can see TaskPane but after any other workbook opening and closing i can't show TaskPane because Globals.ThisAddIn.SarasuTaskPane.Visible = true don't showing me TaskPane. Actual it's showing but we can't see it because it's hided with workbook, and if i unhide workbook i can see and use it. But i need my main workbook to be not visible for all time and users must see TaskPane.

I will try write step by step.

1. I'm launching .exe which creating excel object

2. With Excel object I'm opening .xlsm which sheets are protected and not visible, and Run my Sub

3. That Sub loads my COM AddIn, and opens another .xlsm file (at the moment there are 2 .xlsm files opened)

4. My Add-in creates TaskPane, and TaskPane adds on my first .xlsm file(i noticed), and it's fine i can see it. But then i try some of my functions which sets TaskPane visible - false, and opens another .xlsx file then closes it, and trying to do TaskPane visible - true no errors but also no TaskPane, then i Manually unhide my first Workbook i can see the TaskPane, when i hide it manualy - TaskPane hides too.. and this only on Excel 2013.

Any ideas to solve this? As i mention before with Excel 2007 and 2010 no problems it's works perfectly.

sincerely,

Julius

• Edited by Julius Bank Friday, January 23, 2015 6:03 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hello Julius,

> Actual it's showing but we can't see it because it's hided with workbook, and if i unhide workbook i can see and use it.

Could you please elaborate that statement? What code do you use for hiding the task pane?

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:34 PM
  • I'm adding it:

SarasuTaskPane = this.CustomTaskPanes.Add(myControl, "Sąrašai", Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActiveWindow);                           

SarasuTaskPane.VisibleChanged += new EventHandler(SarasuTaskPane_VisibleChanged)

And hiding or unhiding:

Globals.ThisAddIn.SarasuTaskPane.Visible = false; 'true

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:33 PM
  • I have used you code to hide a panel , it works fine
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:53 PM
  • I have used you code to hide a panel , it works fine

Maybe my first post was incorrectly written. I will try write step by step.

1. I'm launching .exe which creating excel object

2. With Excel object I'm opening .xlsm which sheets are protected and not visible, and Run my Sub

3. That Sub loads my COM AddIn, and opens another .xlsm file (at the moment there are 2 .xlsm files opened)

4. My Add-in creates TaskPane, and TaskPane adds on my first .xlsm file(i noticed), and it's fine i can see it. But then i try some of my functions which sets TaskPane visible - false, and opens another .xlsx file then closes it, and trying to do TaskPane visible - true no errors but also no TaskPane, then i Manually unhide my first Workbook i can see the TaskPane, when i hide it manualy - TaskPane hides too.. and this is only on Excel 2013.

• Edited by Julius Bank Friday, January 23, 2015 6:02 AM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:26 AM