none
Bing Maps v8 drag and drop RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

I have a CordovaApp that allow an user to drag&drop a customized Pushpin. With v7 all worked, but with the new v8 the dragging effect is to slow, there is a solution for this?

Bests

Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:11 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue as the pushpins are rendered on a html5 canvas and these are redrawn as you drag them. The team plans to improve this. One way to make it a bit faster now is to put the map I to late mode which will render the map labels on the map tiles instead of as vector labels in a layer with pushpins. To lut the map into lite mode, add the following map option when loading the map liteMode: true

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

• This is a known issue as the pushpins are rendered on a html5 canvas and these are redrawn as you drag them. The team plans to improve this. One way to make it a bit faster now is to put the map I to late mode which will render the map labels on the map tiles instead of as vector labels in a layer with pushpins. To lut the map into lite mode, add the following map option when loading the map liteMode: true

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:27 PM
  • I'm facing a similar problem with dragging.

When I drag a custom pushpin (made via HtmlPushpin) and move the mouse, I tend to lose the pin in the dragging process which then I have to go back to where it got lost and mouse over the custom pushpin to continue dragging it. It tends to happen when a user drags a custom pushpin fast.

Putting the map into liteMode doesn't appear to resolve my specific problem. 

Any ideas on what I could do to allow smooth dragging in v8?

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:25 PM