How to get a complete list of ticker symbols from Yahoo Finance RRS feed

• Question

• I found a great link about downloading the tickers from Yahoo Finance.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5246843/how-to-get-a-complete-list-of-ticker-symbols-from-yahoo-finance

I tried the code and got red squiggles under these lines:

AlphabeticIDIndexDownload

Response<AlphabeticIDIndexResult>

writeStream

I'm guessing I need to install the API.  Is that right?  If that's the issue, can someone please describe the steps to do that?  I've never worked with APIs before.  If something else is the problem, please let me know.

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi ryguy72,

I am not expert on Yahoo Finance. But I tried this code, we got the same reslut. From my point of view, your thought is right. And i searched about AlphabeticIDIndexDownload. I found that there is AlphabeticIDIndexDownload.cs 

in GitHub as below.

Yahoo-Finance-Managed-Wrapper / MaasOne.Yahoo / Finance / YahooFinance / AlphabeticIDIndexDownload.cs

Secondly, If you want to know how to use the Yahoo! Finance API directly, look at the Yahoo! Finance APIs. Since this is third-party API, you may research by yourself. Hope you can get some hints from above links. Good luck.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ryguy72 Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi ryguy72,

I am not expert on Yahoo Finance. But I tried this code, we got the same reslut. From my point of view, your thought is right. And i searched about AlphabeticIDIndexDownload. I found that there is AlphabeticIDIndexDownload.cs 

in GitHub as below.

Yahoo-Finance-Managed-Wrapper / MaasOne.Yahoo / Finance / YahooFinance / AlphabeticIDIndexDownload.cs

Secondly, If you want to know how to use the Yahoo! Finance API directly, look at the Yahoo! Finance APIs. Since this is third-party API, you may research by yourself. Hope you can get some hints from above links. Good luck.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ryguy72 Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:11 AM
  • Yes, I saw that yesterday.  Unfortunately, I don't know how a lot of that stuff works.

Thanks.

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:21 PM
  • You can download any list of yahoo ticker from https://github.com/stockdatalab/Stock-Exchanges-Ticker-List.

I got all the list by emailing them on stockdatalab@gmail.com.

NddieAli

• Edited by nddie Saturday, October 28, 2017 9:57 PM
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 9:57 PM