The .ipa file does not seem to be linked with Calabash framework RRS feed

• Question

• User273637 posted

I have a build in VSTS that includes a Xamarin Test Cloud step for iOS.

The .ipa file and tests are successfully uploaded, but then I get the error The .ipa file does not seem to be linked with Calabash framework

When I include ENABLE_TEST_CLOUD in the Release configuration, the test IS run successfully.

However, as the documents suggest, this is not a good idea as it may be rejected by the app store.

Is there a way around this or is there something I am doing wrong?

Cheers!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 5:00 PM

Answers

• User139314 posted

@c.lamont

The build that you upload to the test cloud needs to include the calabash framework.

In your configuration, that means one that includes ENABLE_TEST_CLOUD. But as you noted the build you create for the App Store should not include ENABLE_TEST_CLOUD. These two builds must be different in at least this regard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:38 PM

All replies

• User139314 posted

@c.lamont

The build that you upload to the test cloud needs to include the calabash framework.

In your configuration, that means one that includes ENABLE_TEST_CLOUD. But as you noted the build you create for the App Store should not include ENABLE_TEST_CLOUD. These two builds must be different in at least this regard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:38 PM
  • User321481 posted

@"Glenn.Wilson" , so the build that I upload to the Test Cloud needs to include the Calabash Framework no matter what for iOS? I am using Xamarin.UITest , not Calabash. So just want to make sure I understand correctly as I could not fine a definite answer on the website.

Friday, October 6, 2017 8:37 PM
  • User185434 posted

Hi @AmyCave ,

When you use Xamarin.UITest you must link your native or xamarin application with calabash.

Native App : https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/calabash/quickstarts/xcode/installing-gems/ Xamarin App : Add xamarin.TestCloud.Agent in your project

Anthony

Monday, October 9, 2017 7:15 AM