How can i access ftp server in windows store app RRS feed

• Question

• i want to display the documents on the server in my metro app, any relevant information ,links or samples would be very much appreciated.Thanks

19karabo91

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi 19karabo91,

I'm not sure where is your problem is, if your follow the sample, your code should work, all the code upload to MSDN by One Code Team has been validated.

So let's try to find out where the problem is step by step.

1, Could you try your code on another machine to see if it still has the same exception? If it works fine, I doubt the reason might be firewall or your computer configuration.

2, If the same exception thrown, could try to validate with another FTP address as Xyroid suggested, I'm not expert with FTP, but at least we know whether the issue is FTP server.

3, If both of above are ok, could you create a demo for us via skydrive for a code analysis? It's hardly to tell why your app fails just by one exception message.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:46 AM

All replies

• I just tried the sample but it doesn't connect to the server i really don't know whats wrong here .      

isn't there other code samples that works or windows store app libraries that i can use ? 

19karabo91

• Edited by 19karabo91 Friday, October 11, 2013 7:41 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Have you tried with different FTP sites? There might be problem with you FTP implementation.
    Friday, October 11, 2013 12:11 PM
  • No i haven't but i'm able to connect to the server on my computer but not on the app, something must be wrong with the sample .

it throws me an exception ( the remote server returned an error (503) server unavailable

19karabo91

• Edited by 19karabo91 Friday, October 11, 2013 12:26 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 12:22 PM
  • Hi 19karabo91,

Does your problem solved?

Checkout the Capabilities in your project Manifest, did you select the correct options? you could ref to the sample link provided by Xyroid.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 14, 2013 12:54 AM
  • I did add the capabilities in my project but manifest but still it does not work .

19karabo91

Monday, October 14, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hi 19karabo91,

I'm not sure where is your problem is, if your follow the sample, your code should work, all the code upload to MSDN by One Code Team has been validated.

So let's try to find out where the problem is step by step.

1, Could you try your code on another machine to see if it still has the same exception? If it works fine, I doubt the reason might be firewall or your computer configuration.

2, If the same exception thrown, could try to validate with another FTP address as Xyroid suggested, I'm not expert with FTP, but at least we know whether the issue is FTP server.

3, If both of above are ok, could you create a demo for us via skydrive for a code analysis? It's hardly to tell why your app fails just by one exception message.

Best Regards,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:46 AM