Post login on clicking any link application getting redirected to login page when using HTTPS RRS feed

• Question

• User534255120 posted

Hi,

We have come across a very weird behavior of ASP.net secure web application (HTTPS) on successful login getting redirected back to login page on clicking any link on landing page. To make this working, we enabled the option 'Override automatic cookie handling' under Internet Option ->Privacy->Advanced for IE 8 browser. But this issue does not appear again even if we disable the option said above. Also, cookies are disabled on the browser due to security reasons.

This issue is very random in nature & only happens using HTTPS. 

Any pointer to resolve this issue permanently will be of great help?

Thanks,

AP

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:08 AM

All replies

• User1104055534 posted

Sounds any subsequent requests after login does not take cookie back to the server then server generates redirection back to login. You can use fiddler to verify this behavior.

As you mentioned the browser disabled cookies, without cookies, how can the server identify whether a request is authenticated or not?

Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:21 AM
  • User534255120 posted

I'm getting this issue on other browsers like firefox & chrome also where cookies are enabled. To make all links working post login, I have to delete the cookies on my browser on almost daily basis once. I'm sure there is some setting on the server leading to this behavior.

Any idea, how to resolve this?

Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:31 AM