Unit Testing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to follow the training for Walkthrough: Creating, editing and maintaining a Code UI Test. I completed the first section, but when I come to the section titled: Create and Run a Coded UI Test for SimpleWPFApp the steps are not either current or do not match my version of VS 2010 Professional.  the following is not clear:

In Solution Explorer, right-click TestProject1, click Add and then select Coded UI test.

• The Generate Code for Coded UI Test dialog box appears.

• Select the Record actions, edit UI map or add assertions option and click OK.

The UIMap – Coded UI Test Builder appears.

There isn't a Coded UI Test option in the Add selections. Please help.

Friday, July 12, 2013 3:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Nora

The TestProject1 that you mentioned is the test project that you should create in vs2010. The step to create TestProject1 is

Start your vs2010>File>New>Project>In installed templet choose test item > select test project>type TestProject1 in name inputbox>sure>The TestProject1 will create>then right-click TestProject1>choose add>select CodeUI test>....

Thanks

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Nora B Monday, July 15, 2013 5:46 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nora B Monday, July 15, 2013 5:48 PM
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:03 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Just to make the issue clearly, which type of test do you want to do with Visual Studio?

Visual Studio Professional does not support Coded UI Testing. Only Visual Studio Ultimate and Premium version can support Coded UI Test. However Visual Studio Professional can support unit testing.

About creating unit test in VS2010, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd264975(v=vs.100).aspx

About Coded UI test, please see:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286726(v=vs.100).aspx

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Nora B Monday, July 15, 2013 5:46 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Thank you! That explains why I can't find the correct tools for doing online testing help.
    Monday, July 15, 2013 5:48 PM