none
Office 365 API Changes since 09.10.2014 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody, 

we are having trouble with the office 365 API's, we are currently developing for Windows 8.1 and using the NuGet office 365 .net libraries, we are adding connected services and so on. Everything worked fine till yesterday.

We are using the following version: 0.1.1-alpha (mail, calendar, contacts library)

The problem:

We have since yesterday is, that the endpoint the API is calling throws the following error back:

Request: https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Inbox/Messages

Response: 400 {"error":{"code":"ErrorInvalidRequest","message":"Cannot resolve the OData request URL."}}

We used the library like:

ExchangeClient.Me.Inbox.Messages.ExecuteAsync(); (calls endpoint /Me/Inbox/Messages)

now we changed to this call:

ExchangeClient.Me.Messages.ExecuteAsync(); (calls endpoint /Me/Messages)

which seems to work, but the problem here is that it looks like the odata format is different.

For Example: CC, BCC, Sender and so on are missing in the library objects, but they are present in the response.

We encountered problems yesterday with mails and contacts. (Missing Endpoints and/or missing Fields)

Could it be that the server side part of the API's just changed?

If something changed, is there any description of what changed?

Are the client libraries are going to get updated? If yes when?

Best Regards

Lars Düwel

Friday, October 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lars,

Thanks for your feedback and I could also reproduce your issue at my side. I would try to find someone who is familiar with Office 365 API to look into this issue.

By the way, “The features and APIs documented in this article are in preview and are subject to change. Do not use them in production.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 7:14 AM
  • Hi LarsDuwel,

Thanks for your question.  We are introducing some breaking changes as we are still in the Preview phase and I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.  These changes are being deployed in Production, and the client libraries are currently being updated as well.  The current set of changes include versioning support.  Once these changes are deployed, with versioning in place, this won't happen again.

The specific change that is impacting you is that you need to use the URL https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Folders/Inbox/Messages instead of https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Inbox/Messages  For any well-known folder e.g. SentItems, you need to use https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Folders('FolderID')/

Stay tuned for updates to the client libraries and a summary of the changes we are making especially for versioning.  Please let me know if you have any questions or need more info.  Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Venkat

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Hi LarsDuwel,

Till the official API documentation is updated, please go to this post to see list of changes currently being deployed in the system.

Hope that helps ...

Thanks,
    Venkat

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your detailed feedback and the provided informations. We know that this API is still in development and just wondered that the server side changed but the client side didn't., which made the provided samples in Visual Studio 2013 unusable.

Since we are developing an application using this API, do you have further Informations about the update cycle of the client libraries, or maybe even a release date?

Once again thank you for your help!

Best Regrads,

Lars

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:26 PM