AppxUpload package behaving different way in runtime. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is something that can't understand why the app is behaving differently in runtime.

Here is the case:

Included the language support for my app and generated the store package with "Generate app bundle" as "Always".

Before publishing, when I was debugging the app it worked fine, all the supported languages were picked up well at runtime.

but once I published it to the store and I downloaded and installed it. No language was taking effect.

I have another UWP app in store which published with "Generate app bundle" as "Never" and Language support works well there.

"Generate app bundle" flag is the only difference in both the apps. Please help me on this as lot of users have been under false assumption to have that language support in place.

Now I cannot even publish the app with "Generate app bundle" value as "Never" as previous version was with "Always". App submission does not allow it.

Monday, March 28, 2016 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi HarshBodhi,

This forum discusses issues when develop UWP application. Since your issue is more related with submit and publishing. I will move it to Submitting and Publishing Apps forum. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:48 AM
  • This always happened. No one from Microsoft get back and answer the posted question. This has happened in past with few more questions I posted.
    Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:33 AM
  • https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7605f42e-f7b1-498a-8aec-36e4ba726fef/app-crashes-if-appxupload-package-have-any-network-call?forum=wpdevelop

See above. it remained unanswered for ages. I finally stopped pinging them. Nobody bothers to look into the issues.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:36 AM