Authentication using C# & XAML programming RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to write a app where in the login (web based authentication) using a username and password form and then passed to next page after its successful.

Could anyone help me where to start?

I will be using C# & XAML. Any example would be really helpful.

Thank you,

Kino

Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:36 PM

Answers

• WebAuthenticationBroker maybe can help or use the HttpClient and just post the login information and save the cookie thats returned; look how the website is behaving with fiddler in an browser and try to get the same behavior

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• WebAuthenticationBroker maybe can help or use the HttpClient and just post the login information and save the cookie thats returned; look how the website is behaving with fiddler in an browser and try to get the same behavior

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:47 PM
  • First, is it your own custom login or a 3rd party login such as FB, Live or Google?
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:48 PM
  • Hello There,

The Easiest way to login with Windows Store Apps Is To use XML.

Its very quick and very easy :D

Create Your xml file and use : await Windows.Data.Xml.Dom.XmlDocument.LoadFromUriAsync(//PUT YOUR XML URI HERE );

Then Use bool to define if true or false :)

I Hope You Get The Idea.  Still Ask If You Didnt Get It

:)

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:30 PM
  • Thanks Guys for reply. Will have a look at your suggestions.

I have been given URL = https://somedomain.com/pass/?login=1+&user=user&pass=pass;

This once logged in forwards to different page. Else will throw login failed.

Friday, June 7, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Hey KinoWorld,

You can never pass login values that are never encrypted on a HTTPS connection .

So this is a grave mistake :) :

https://somedomain.com/pass/?login=1+&user=user&pass=pass;

In Your case , you need to use a WebAuthenticationBroker Which is a default Authentication Method for WinRT Apps And It Offers More Security.

Download the sample here

Or Else if you are using Web Api You Can Return The Data To Your Application Through XML Or JSON And Use That To Login. Which Is Also A Very Easy Task.

I Hope This Helps.

Friday, June 7, 2013 6:10 PM