Unable to access my application on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I created a docker image of metabase application in azure. When I try to access my application in browser through fqdn:portnum, it takes a very long time(2-3 mins sometimes) to load and sometimes it keeps loading forever and wont open the application. 
    My container is in a resource group which is on eastus location whereas my application database is in AWS in Ireland(Europe). Is it because of the the difference in locations which is causing this latency? 
    What can I do to make my application faster? I need to keep my database in AWS only because of budget constraints. Please let me know if there are any ways to improve the speed. 
    Thanks in Advance!
    Friday, May 24, 2019 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It is recommended to have both DB and App in same data-center, to avoid latency issues.

Also, check how many DB queries you are making from Application and see if there is any possibility to reduce these calls. Another alternative is to move the application also to Europe region.

Requesting you to mark the reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other community members can benefit from it.

Thanks. 

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It is recommended to have both DB and App in same data-center, to avoid latency issues.

Also, check how many DB queries you are making from Application and see if there is any possibility to reduce these calls. Another alternative is to move the application also to Europe region.

Requesting you to mark the reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other community members can benefit from it.

Thanks. 

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Thanks for the replu @vikas.. will try changing the application region to europe and see the performance

Saturday, May 25, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for responding back. Please let me know if you need any more help on this.

Also, once you see performance improvement in the application post migration, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thanks.

Monday, May 27, 2019 4:24 AM