Touch on Textbox cause exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My app has a bug that I just can't figure out. If you launch the app in a non touch environment, it behaves as expected. Also, if I launch it in the simulator and use the pointer to click inside the textbox , it also works as expected (the textbox gets focus and the on-screen keyboard becomes visible), so no problem there. The problem comes in when the textbox is selected using touch. If I switch to touch input in the simulator and select the textbox, the app crashes. I've also made sure that there aren't any other controls nearby that I might be touching or interacting with.

So my question is, what differences are there between using touch and using the pointer in the simulator that could be causing my app to crash? I thought it might be a RC problem but it turned out to also be a problem in RTM. I've also tested this on an actual tablet and the same behaviour is witnessed

thanks 

sLedgem

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

• Do you use perspective transform by any means? I had a similar problem with the textbox on the back of a rotating panel. The workaround was to rotate the back panel to 0.001 degrees instead of 0.
    • Marked as answer by _sledgem Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:04 AM
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the exception that you're seeing? Is there any call-stack or error logs in Event Viewer?

Edit : Does this happen in a sample app as well or just one particular app?

-Sagar

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:51 AM
  • Hi

The exception occurs in my app in store. My email is ewan[remove]@life[remove]scribe.net, I can send you repo instructions.

I just get an unhandled exception. In the logviewer the stack trace is as follows:

Faulting application name: Life.WinRT.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5038a702
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50109011
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001a0481
    Faulting process id: 0x17f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cd82ab8efe2c84
    Faulting application path: C:\xxxx\Life.WinRT.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: d39023de-ee9e-11e1-be6b-00270e0a2562
    Faulting package full name: LifeScribe.Journal_1.0.0.58_neutral__jawhxqpyfz8y4
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have steps that can reproduce the issue?

Perhaps, You can share it on SkyDrive and send me the link or you can send the app to me v-axue at microsoft.com

Thanks.

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Do you use perspective transform by any means? I had a similar problem with the textbox on the back of a rotating panel. The workaround was to rotate the back panel to 0.001 degrees instead of 0.
    • Marked as answer by _sledgem Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:04 AM
    Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:52 AM