When changing size or trying to add disk in RM i get - Could not find member 'managedDisk' on object of type 'OSDisk'. Path 'properties.storageProfile.osDisk.managedDisk' RRS feed

• Question

• Somehow i cant seem to add disk's to vms or change the size of them any more no problem creating new ones in the same RG in ARM only.

In classic everything works fine.

In the logs i get "Bad request" at Write VirtualMachines

And the same error whenever i try resize or adding a new disk - 
    Could not find member 'managedDisk' on object of type 'OSDisk'. Path 'properties.storageProfile.osDisk.managedDisk', line 1, position 487.

Probably just a simple fix somewhere but where? Help?
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

You may be utilizing PowerShell to resize their Virtual Machines.Resize a Windows VM - ARM

This article will explain; How to attach a data disk to a Windows VM in the Azure portal

The reasons you cannot add an existing Disk include:

1. It is being used by another Virtual Machine?
    2. If you have reached the limit of adding Disks to your Virtual Machine?
    3. If the Disk is created in a different data centre / location than your Virtual Machine (view this on the DISK tab)
    4. If the Disk is created using a different subscription than the Virtual Machine; it’s not possible?

Managed Disks will only be supported in CRP

If the issue still persists; Please try to deleted the VM, re-attached the disks to a new VM.

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:49 PM