none
Could not create DTS.Application because of error 0x80070005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This may be duplicate, but I couldn't find any answer, so posting issue I am facing.

I have created a simple SSIS package to extract data from SQL to txt file, to run daily basis. Worked without any issues in VS 2015 BIDs.

Job execution failing with exception: 

Executed as user: NT Service\SQLSERVERAGENT. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 13.0.2218.0 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft. All rights reserved.    Started:  5:04:00 PM  Could not create DTS.Application because of error 0x80070005  Started:  5:04:00 PM  Finished: 5:04:00 PM  Elapsed:  0 seconds.  The package execution failed.  The step failed.

Situation is, I have Win 2012R2 server with SQL 2016. We were using SSMS 17.9.1 but wasted a day to troubleshoot why it was not able to connect Integration Services as a Server Type.

Thanks to Tom H-man's response, which says we have to use SSMS 16.5.3 to connect Integration Services as a Server Type.

I tried deploying my package to Integration Services catalogs and even SSIS Stored Packages File System and tried creating the job using both and even physical File System. But failing with same error. Running with service account (Administrator on the server), MsDtsServer130 and SQLServerAgent. Gave full access to Packages folder as well.

Does anyone came across this situation? Any solution? Appreciate your guidance!

Thanks,

harry

• Edited by harryss Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Answers