How to access APO in metro device app?

Question

• I want to write a metro device app to control my USB audio device. In this metro device app, can I adjust the APO effects which has been implemented in the driver of my USB audio device?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Dear Eric:

I don't think XAudio2 can meet my needs, because XAudio2 can only add effects to the application's voice,  but the APO(GFX) can effects all the audio streams from any application. My metro device app want to adjust the APO(GFX) that like the control panel in desktop.

Best Regard -ZXLee

• Edited by ZXLee Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:07 AM
  • ZXLee,

What scenario are you trying to enable? 

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Dear Eric:

I want to make a metro device app which to adjust my USB audio device , and the driver for my USB audio device provides some custom global APO such as EQ adjust.

I want to adjust the EQ setting in the metro device app(by adjusting the APO from my driver), can I do this ,and how to?

thanks

ZXLee

Friday, May 25, 2012 3:06 AM
  •  Anyone can help me?

thanks a lot!

Monday, May 28, 2012 1:35 AM
  • ZXLee,

The control panel settings live on the desktop.  a Metro style app should adjust things for the Metro style app itself and not for the system as a whole. 

Best Wishes - Eric

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Dear Eric:

As you said, so in windows 8 , I will has no chance to adjust the APO effects (such as EQ setting or Dolby Surround effects) from the metro device app?

Is it right?

Another question, I have saw the metro-device-app-camera.docx, in this document, I find the "Driver MFT" which can adjust the caputure video effects from

camera , my question is if windows 8 will also have a  "Driver MFT" to adjust the audio effects?

thanks

ZXLee.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:27 AM
  •        Windows 8 Release Preview has released. How about my question?

thanks.

ZXLee

Monday, June 04, 2012 6:49 AM
  • Dear Eric:

As you said, so in windows 8 , I will has no chance to adjust the APO effects (such as EQ setting or Dolby Surround effects) from the metro device app?

Is it right?

Another question, I have saw the metro-device-app-camera.docx, in this document, I find the "Driver MFT" which can adjust the caputure video effects from

camera , my question is if windows 8 will also have a  "Driver MFT" to adjust the audio effects?

thanks

ZXLee.

The driver MFT is specific to the camera device model.
    Friday, June 08, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I would also like to do the same thing with audio.  I would like to intercept the sound stream and make modifications just as I would with the video stream.   How to do this with video is quite obvious as shown in the SampleMft0 app.  But I don't see an equivalent of audio.  Can this be done?

Thanks,

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:06 PM
  • Gary,

You have the following available:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh452756.aspx

However they seem to control only the apps audio and not the system wide audio.

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, August 03, 2012 12:33 PM