oracle to sql server RRS feed

• Question

• I have about 1 day to get this done of course, but, can you read information from an Oracle database based upon a table in sql server and update that sql server table in an execute sql task? 

Thanks

Pam

Monday, July 21, 2008 7:23 PM

Answers

• General question - general answer. Yes we can read data from oracle and update sql table. We have a variety of means for that: Lookup component, OLEDB Command, Execute SQL task, different source and destination adapters. If you tell a bit more about your goals - you might get a better advise.

Thanks,

Evgeny Koblov

SSIS Team

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:59 PM
  • Use a data flow task, ole db source and dest pointing at the sql server, and a lookup pointing at the oracle db.  Add your logic after the lookup.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:57 AM

All replies

• General question - general answer. Yes we can read data from oracle and update sql table. We have a variety of means for that: Lookup component, OLEDB Command, Execute SQL task, different source and destination adapters. If you tell a bit more about your goals - you might get a better advise.

Thanks,

Evgeny Koblov

SSIS Team

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:59 PM
  • I have a table in sql server in which there is a column that needs to be updated by querying an oracle database using the information in the sql server database.  I have been able to query oracle, but so far only update the oracle table. So I need to   update name(in sql server) where id(in sql server) =  id (in oracle table).  I dont know is this can be done in one execute sql task.  I am sure this is possible, but of course I am teaching myself SSIS, so I know there is a lot I don't know.

Thanks for your help

Pam

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:14 PM
  • Use a data flow task, ole db source and dest pointing at the sql server, and a lookup pointing at the oracle db.  Add your logic after the lookup.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:57 AM