Exception 0x805a0194 thrown after LoadListingInformationAsync()

Question

• Hi,

I've already searched for similar problems, and many say theirs was fixed after setting correct AppID to Package.appxmanifest. However, I keep getting the same exception all the time.

code excerpt:

try
    {
    	create_task(CurrentApp::LoadListingInformationAsync()).then([this](task<ListingInformation^> currentTask)
    	{
    		try
    		{
    			ListingInformation^ listing = currentTask.get();
    		}
    		catch (Platform::Exception^ exception
    		{
    			Log(exception->Message);
    		}

}
    	);
    }		
    catch (Platform::Exception^ exception
    {
    	Log(exception->Message);
    }

The exception gets thrown after currentTask.get() is called. As it's using CurrentApp instead of Simulator, you'd except it would only work when downloaded from the store. It turns out it crashes during certification process, so I'm unable to get it to store as it is.

Has anyone else experience anything like this?

Monday, May 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This is actually a well known problem. You need to handle exceptions from LoadListingInformationAsync and continue. The error is due to the fact that you don't have any IAP information registered because you are still going through the certification process. The error is basically a 404 or "file not found" because the link to your app's IAP URL doesn't exist yet.

You should be able to just handle the exception and move on as appropriate for your app. Keep in mind that there are also other reasons that this API may fail as it requires an internet connection to function properly so you may see other exceptions and should handle them appropriately for your scenario.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:36 AM