DbContextScope RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am evaluating DbContextScope for our development. Any opinons / comments /experiences with that?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Rudsen,

I am afraid that what you ask is a bit beyond the scope of this forum since this is a 3<sup>rd</sup> component to manage EF rather than EF itself. Anyway, I would like share my opinion about this idea:

After looking into the link you provided, I think the idea to re-use the DbContext instance should be good, as we know, for creating a DbContext instance every time, it will consume some system resource and if this behavior is frequent, it is not expected. From this article, I notice that its usage is actually very similar with a Repository Pattern, and it creates a repository for the example entity “User”, so if the web application is large meaning contains lots of entities, then I think we need to create lots of repositories for each entity, I think it would be a huge workload or you could just write some small app to create these repositories automatically.

If you have any question about this dbcontextscope component, as I mention above, since it is a 3<sup>rd</sup> one, I suggest you could ask it on its specific forum:

https://github.com/mehdime/DbContextScope/issues

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, March 16, 2015 9:56 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:30 AM