Generate scripts RRS feed

• Question

• I have some doubts related to SQL server 2008 R2 express 'generate scripts' option.

1)If i select script entire database and all database objects then all objects such as database,permission,table structure,index are created?

2)If i 'select only select specific database objects', and then select only tables(all tables) then does index is created or only table will be created? Also permissions for tables set?(when i tested clustered index are created with primary key,non clustered are not created. So i am not sure what does this option do)

3) If i select both table and user in 'select only select specific database objects' then tables and its permissions with users created?

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:22 AM

Answers

• The actual problem was when i script full database i get all objects index,permission,table etc.

If i script only some table or select all table then its index are not created. So i was looking for option to script some tables with all its index.

Now i found the answer. see the link 

• Marked as answer by IT researcher Monday, June 17, 2013 1:30 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 1:30 PM

All replies

• What is the question? Have you tried generating script?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Blog: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance

Monday, June 17, 2013 12:18 PM
  • Please make some effort to post your questions to the appropriate forum.  Your question is not related to database design - and it could be easily answered by simplying generating a script and looking at the result.  There are many options you can select when generating scripts, depending on the access path (i.e., menu) you use.
    Monday, June 17, 2013 12:46 PM
  • The actual problem was when i script full database i get all objects index,permission,table etc.

If i script only some table or select all table then its index are not created. So i was looking for option to script some tables with all its index.

Now i found the answer. see the link 

• Marked as answer by IT researcher Monday, June 17, 2013 1:30 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 1:30 PM