Error 1450 nonrecoverable I/O error occured on file when running dbcc or backup - bluescreen every night RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a SQL 2005 instance with a db attached that is bluescreening every night when a SQL job runs.

If I run:

Backup database ACU_ABL_DW
    to disk='\\xxxxx\temp\ACU_DW.bak' with stats = 1

I get the error

Msg 3271 Level 16 state 1 line 1
    A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file "F:\mssql\data\acu_dw.mdf:" 1450(error not found)

I also get a very similar 1450 error if I try to run:

DBCC CHECKDB ('ACU_ABL_DW') WITH PHYSICAL_ONLY

It sits for around 12-14minutes then returns the error:

Msg 823, Level 24, State 10, Line 1 The operating system returned error 1450(error not found) to SQL Server during a write

at offset 0x0000000ff80000 in file 'E:\MSSQL\Data\tempdb4.ndf'.

Additional messages in the SQL Server error log and system event log may provide more

detail. This is a severe system-level error condition that threatens database

integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency

check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information,

see SQL Server Books Online.

I have searched high and low and nowhere can I find a solution to this problem.

You can connect to the db, write items to the tables or select any of them - the files do actually exist on the disk and do have full read/write access

If anyone has some suggestions as to what we can try, the db will not back up and will not complete a successful dbcc check so it seems impossible to diagnose the fault

Thanks

J

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:55 PM

Answers

All replies