none
Take backup and restore an access web app as package using script RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do synchronization job from Production App  to UAT App. It will be a process of monthly basis. Therefore each time I need to delete all app from UAT app then take a backup from Production and after that have to restore it in UAT app. Therefore I want to make it easier by using one script that will run automatically on month wise. Is this possible ?
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:34 AM

All replies

• >>>I need to do synchronization job from Production App  to UAT App. It will be a process of monthly basis. Therefore each time I need to delete all app from UAT app then take a backup from Production and after that have to restore it in UAT app.

According to your description, do you use Access to create Access Web Apps? Could you provide more details about UAT App? These information would help us resolve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Friday, June 10, 2016 2:08 AM
  • I have 2 types of environment production and UAT (user acceptance test environment) so I need to synchronous UAT environment in monthly basis. Take backup of all access web app from Production environment and then restore it in UAT environment. Is this clear ?
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:15 AM
  • >>>Take backup of all access web app from Production environment and then restore it in UAT environment. 

According to your description, I am not familiar with UAT enviroment, please correct me if I have any misunderstandings on your question.

Access web apps, just like all SharePoint apps, can be stored in a special type of file known as an App Package. You can create backup copies of your databases in App Package files and restore them by uploading them to any SharePoint 2013 site. 

For more information, click here to refer about Moving and backing up your Access 2013 web apps

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:46 AM
  • I think UAT environment is not the keyword. Your understanding the absolutely correct. We follow the same way that you refer. I want to generate some script to reduce such manual work.  
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Hi gargi kundu,

According to your description, I am not able to find any script feature for backup Access Web App, So I suggest that you could submit any feedback to Access UserVoice:

https://access.uservoice.com/

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 9:01 AM