none
Cannot click map items under watermark RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded to the latest Win8 RTM version (1.2.x) of the Bing Maps SDK.

Unfortunately, the large 'BETA' watermark that you have placed onto the map obscures my shape layers, which means that I cannot click on any map annotations that are underneath the watermark.

How can this be resolved?  This makes it very hard to debug and test the app.

Carl Partridge

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• We're investigating now. Thanks for the bug report.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 5:15 PM
  • We have fixed this in our latest release that you can find here:

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/bb764f67-6b2c-4e14-b2d3-17477ae1eaca

Thanks

j

Friday, August 17, 2012 11:26 PM
  • I can confirm this is fixed - thanks for the prompt reply and attention to this.

Carl Partridge

Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

Is it possible that the watermark could be removed through code by those so inclined? It really is an eye-sore. We all recognize it is beta, but in trying to put together proof of concepts it is very disruptive. Could it at least be minimized or moved to the corner or something of that nature?

Thank you,
    Joseph

Monday, August 20, 2012 6:49 PM
  • Hello,

Is it possible that the watermark could be removed through code by those so inclined? It really is an eye-sore. We all recognize it is beta, but in trying to put together proof of concepts it is very disruptive. Could it at least be minimized or moved to the corner or something of that nature?

Thank you,
    Joseph

I second this request.  We have already put together a proof of concept under Release Preview that was well received, but now that our clients are moving to RTM, we are stuck with a version that displays that awful watermark.  So now they have seen our product working cleanly without the watermark in RP, but we are stuck having to make do with an "uglier" product for RTM.
    Monday, August 20, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you,
    Joseph

I second this request.  We have already put together a proof of concept under Release Preview that was well received, but now that our clients are moving to RTM, we are stuck with a version that displays that awful watermark.  So now they have seen our product working cleanly without the watermark in RP, but we are stuck having to make do with an "uglier" product for RTM.

I would also very much like to see the watermark either removed or reduced in size.  I am currently putting together a prototype app for sale at Windows 8 GA, and the size and prominence of the watermark affects the visual appearance of the app adversely. 

If not removed completely, could it at least be made smaller and moved, for example, to the top-right (or a user-definable) part of the display?

Carl Partridge

Monday, August 20, 2012 8:59 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you,
    Joseph

I would also very much like to see the watermark either removed or reduced in size.  I am currently putting together a prototype app for sale at Windows 8 GA, and the size and prominence of the watermark affects the visual appearance of the app adversely. 

If not removed completely, could it at least be made smaller and moved, for example, to the top-right (or a user-definable) part of the display?

Carl Partridge

+1
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:00 AM