Deployment errors when running HTML5/JS Windows Store app from VS Professional 2013 on Windows 8.1 Pro

Question

• I created a new Windows Store HTML5/JS app using the Hub App template from Visual Studio 2013.

The project builds successfully.

When I run the project, I get the following error message:

Error : DEP0800 : The required framework "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.WinJS.2.0\1.0\Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.appx" failed to install. 
    error 0x80070002: While processing the request, the system failed to register the windows.MRT extension due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The project already has the correct reference to the latest version of Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.appx.

I already tried repairing the installation of Visual Studio Professional 2013.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:36 AM

Answers

• Please perform uninstall/reinstall of VS.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:32 PM