Help with remote debuggin RRS feed

• Question

• User-257409430 posted

Hi,

I am having some problems with remote debugging. It was working at first but now I keep getting errors - No source available, or your code is different to the source code. I have cleaned the soltuion, re compiled and re published, but still getting the same errors. I restarted the remote server too. I also delted the local obj folder which I heard could be an issue but still same problem. Any ideas? Can this remote debugging be a bit unreliable?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:12 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi

The Visual Studio Remote Tools lets you run, debug, and test an application that is running on one device from another computer that is running Visual Studio.

To debug on a remote device:

• The remote device and the Visual Studio computer must be connected over a network or connected directly through an Ethernet cable. Debugging over the internet is not supported.

• The remote device must be running the remote debugging components.

• You must be an administrator to install the remote debugger on the remote device. To communicate with the remote debugger, you must have user access to the remote device.

For this issue, please check whether you have set up remote debugging on the device properly,

# Set Up Remote Debugging on the Device: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/bt727f1t.aspx 

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:06 AM