none
ASP.NET session has expired in WebTest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using ReportViewerWebControl in a .NET 2.0 web application. When I use my application in a normal way, executing it in a browser, I can generate my reports without problem.

I tried to create a WebTest using Visual Studio Team Suite. REcording the test causes no problem, but as soon as I try to run the test again, then I get the following exception

Server Error in '/PNSDiffusionWebApplication' Application.

ASP.NET session has expired

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.AspNetSessionExpiredException: ASP.NET session has expired

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[AspNetSessionExpiredException: ASP.NET session has expired]
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataOperation..ctor() +321
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.SessionKeepAliveOperation..ctor() +24
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler() +851
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +34
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

I have seen several post about this problem and it seems it comes from the way ASP.NET manages the session when session state is set to InProc. Anyone has any idea of what I could to to work around this problem ?

Regards,

Cédric

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:43 PM