none
Report Viewer is missing from Visual Studio 2017 WinForm App Toolbox

Question

• Report Viewer is missing from the VS 2017 WF Toolbox.

this is very important tool for programmers in SQL Databases.....

Moreover Crystal Reports(a third-party software by SAP)  is not issuing its latest update. So it was the only tool for Report Building.

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hi psaha2001,

Please refer to Integrating Reporting Services Using ReportViewer Controls - Get Started
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/application-integration/integrating-reporting-services-using-reportviewer-controls-get-started
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:22 AM
  • Thanks for Ashidacchi's reply.

Hi psaha2001,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Like Ashidacchi found, now the Report Viewer Control is shipped as a NuGet package. Because of this, you will not see the Report Viewer Control show up in the Visual Studio toolbox by default. You can manually add the control to the toolbox or directly add the new control from code. For the detail information, please have a look at this document.

1. Create a new Windows Forms Application

2. Install the ReportViewer 2016 control nuget package via the Nuget package manager console using the following command:

Install-Package Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportViewerControl.WinForms -Pre

3. Add a new control from code or add the control to the toolbox.

I tested it on my VS 2017 as the above described and it works fine as below:

Best regards,Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Hi psaha2001,

Sorry to trouble you and I just want to confirm with you that your issue is solved or not?

Please follow Integrating Reporting Services Using ReportViewer Controls - Get Started to configure the Report Viewer to display under the Toolbox, since I tested it on my side and it works fine. If you meet any other issue during this progress, please feel free to let me know.

If you already solved this issue, could you please share your solution or mark the reply that helpful for you? It will help other community members who meet the same or similar issue to easier search this information, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 2:19 AM