App as websocket server with Desktop App as Socket client

Question

• Can I have simple code sample for metro App as socket server and desktop app and socket client. Also, I want the socket code to go in to the component dll instead of an App itself.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:54 AM

Answers

• Samples are here:
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Windows-8-Modern-Style-App-Samples

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:52 PM
  • We have two additional resources now:

1. We have poster-sized cheat sheets for Sockets, HttpClient and Background Transfer ready to download.  These will help guide you into learning the right namespaces and the important classes, and includes code samples to get you up and running

2. There's a curated view of our documentation that hooks together the different pieces of our networking APIs.

Network Developer Experience Team (Microsoft)

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Samples are here:
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Windows-8-Modern-Style-App-Samples

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:52 PM
  • We have two additional resources now:

1. We have poster-sized cheat sheets for Sockets, HttpClient and Background Transfer ready to download.  These will help guide you into learning the right namespaces and the important classes, and includes code samples to get you up and running

2. There's a curated view of our documentation that hooks together the different pieces of our networking APIs.

Network Developer Experience Team (Microsoft)

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:48 PM