none
Remove Pakage Syntax RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

what is the correct syntax to remove a package ( for example bitlocker ) from Installed WS7 System ( Disk C )?

I don't know the correct directory to search the package installed, for to use the DISM command with remove-pakage option.

Regards

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi zingaro1972,

you can always use DISM /{online|image} /? to get a list of options. This also applies to the operations like Remove-Pacakage. To answer your question:

• Use DISM /online /Get-Packages
      > You might redirect this into a file by DISM /online /Get-Pacakges > Packages.txt
    • Look for the package identity that matches the package you want to remove
    • Use DISM /online /Remove-Package /PackageName:{Pacakge-Identity}
    • I'm not sure if this removes orphaned packages: DISM /online /Cleanup-Image

Instead of /online you can also user /Image:Filename.wim|X:\ to work on an image that is not currently running.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi zingaro1972,

you can always use DISM /{online|image} /? to get a list of options. This also applies to the operations like Remove-Pacakage. To answer your question:

• Use DISM /online /Get-Packages
      > You might redirect this into a file by DISM /online /Get-Pacakges > Packages.txt
    • Look for the package identity that matches the package you want to remove
    • Use DISM /online /Remove-Package /PackageName:{Pacakge-Identity}
    • I'm not sure if this removes orphaned packages: DISM /online /Cleanup-Image

Instead of /online you can also user /Image:Filename.wim|X:\ to work on an image that is not currently running.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

I will try this syntax and pass the result to you;

in this case i need to remove only bitlocker package .... 

Regards

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

that solution works !

but it was necessary restore the MBR with bootrec command after deleted the first system partition.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:56 AM