none
Connecting to MySQL using C#. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I am working on a project that can connect to MySql using C#. I searched the forms and found several ways of doing it, however all of them use dlls that need to be downloaded. I would prefer to connect without using a downloaded dll. Can anyone suggest either a way to impliment something like this or even a general idea of how this could be done.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:59 PM

Answers

• You are correct that we can connect to MySQL in various ways, but before using the different ways we need to have the correct drivers installed on our machine.

Connecting via OLE DB Provider you can check this Opening MySQL database with C#

Connecting via MySql Connector/Net you can check this How to connect to MySQL 5.0. via C# .Net and the MySql Connector/Net

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:16 AM

All replies

• You are correct that we can connect to MySQL in various ways, but before using the different ways we need to have the correct drivers installed on our machine.

Connecting via OLE DB Provider you can check this Opening MySQL database with C#

Connecting via MySql Connector/Net you can check this How to connect to MySQL 5.0. via C# .Net and the MySql Connector/Net

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:16 AM
  • Ok thanks alot, I'll just have to figure out a different way to do what I had planned.
    Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:48 PM