SQL 2008 R2 - Mirror sys.master_files data file size not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an odd issue where the primary server is SQL 2008 R2 SP1 and the secondary is SQL 2008 R2 SP2. I have databases mirroring between these servers. We recently moved the log file on the secondary to a different drive. The file sizes match and are updating exactly the same between both servers. The mirror monitor shows the mirroring successful and everything is up to date. When we check the sys.master_files tables on the mirror, the size of the data file has not updated since moving the log file. Tried restarting SQL but not joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would say you wait for some time it would get reflected I have seen this with sys.master_files they are updated late. Like when you delete heavy data, data would be gone but space captured by data would be  released slowly due to internal ghost operation cleaning and after this operation completes sys.master_files catalog is updated I guess this is what happening here as well , this is pure speculation. I will stick to this thread please look for a day and then update again

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Yea. unfortunately its has been 3 days :(
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:59 PM