Custom build rule: how to access manifest properties

Question

• Hi,

what I need to do is to copy files from a resource folder to the deployed application folder. So, what I did (for a first ugly approach) was to create a build event like

xcopy "$(datadir)\data" "$(USERPROFILE)\AppxLayouts\hard-coded-path\data" /S /Y /I /D

The next step is to use a macro for hard-coded-path, so other users can use the same rule without modification. Is there already a macro for that, I mean, for geting the info in the manifest?

If not, what should I need to do, a new small utility app that uses app packaging methods and structures?

Thanks!

Monday, December 19, 2011 3:29 PM

All replies

• If you just add the files to your project as content, they will be automatically added to the deployment payload.  Ideally, you should not be required to copy stuff into that folder.
    Raman Sharma | Program Manager, Visual C++ | @rasharm_msft

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Monday, December 19, 2011 9:38 PM
  • The thing is that the project is a game development one, I don't want to have to include (or delete) any asset at any given time, and there are thousands of them.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:40 PM